Tuesday 19 February 2008

Why I do what I do (Part 1)

Hello, my name is Rachel Watkyn and some people may not know about me so here is reason number 1 why I run Tiny Difference and Tiny Box Company and why I am trying to help others.

When I was in Sierra Leone in about 1998, I worked for the government (I was in I.T and my UK company had a contract with them). One day a Government employee came into the office and asked for a measley advance on his salary. He implored that he needed the money as his wife had just been shot by the rebels and she needed urgent medical assistance. He was told to come back the next day as no advances were now going to be given. He trembled as he said that his wife would 'probably be dead by then'. I could only look and listen with horror.

He did not return the next day.

I am going to publish a series of these little snippets, please subscribe to be updated.

Yours sincerely,

Rachel Watkyn

No comments: